Thursday, April 23, 2009



Aesthetics Dinner

On Tuesday evening I had the pleasure of going to Tas a Turkish restaurant in Bloomsbury Square. Not only did I enjoy my company I also really enjoyed the food. This was my first time to a Turkish restaurant and I was really excited to try it. Walking into the door I was greeted by a friendly host who show me as well the others I was with to our table. One of the first things that I noticed was the music is was calm and peaceful; the second thing that I noticed was how clean and presentable everything was.
I liked the white table cloths with the square plates and then the cloth napkins on top of the plates followed by bright yellow menu. I enjoyed the how the name of the restaurant was engraved in the silver ware; I thought it added a nice touch. They placed out two wine glasses for everyone one was for water and the other for wine.
I thought the menu was very creative I enjoyed all of the starts that were given to us. There were a total of seven starters: Humus, Zeytin Yagli Patlican, Tabule, Manca, Zeytin Yagli Bakla, Sebzeli Kofte (Falafel), and Borek. I enjoyed all of them, they were all unique and something that I had never tried prior to this dinner. The humus was really good I enjoyed eating it with the bread that they served. I also found the Borek to be really good. All of the starters were excellent however this was my first time eating this type of food therefore I have nothing to compare it to.

When it came to the main course we had several options to choose from: Karides Guvech, Kalamari, Turlu, Ispanakli Patates, Karisik Izgara, Mousakka, Tavuk Sis, Eksili Kofte, Tavuk Guvech. I ordered the Karisik Izgara; it was a mixed grill for beef, chicken, and minced lamb. It was very good all of the meat had a lot of flavor. It was served with Orzo, red cabbage, and finally white rice on the side. Everything tasted exceptionally well. Their was so much food with all of the appetizers and with the main course I was unable to finish all of my food I actually took about half of it to go. When the waiter came by with the dessert menu I laughed because I really wanted to try it but I couldn’t possible finish it.
I really enjoyed the table we were sitting at. We were seated near the window and had a pretty view of the busy street filled with people walking by. I also enjoyed all of the artwork that was displayed on the walls it was really pretty.
We also had the opportunity to sample two different wines thanks to Dr. Manly. We first had a bottle of the Taz house white wine. And then we had a bottle of the Taz red wine. I am not much of a wine drinker so I found the wine to be really strong. At first the red wine was very blunt and then near the end of the dinner it mellowed out a bit and got a little bit sweeter.
Overall I really enjoyed my meal at Taz and I would be more than happy to return soon.

1 comment: