Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Photographers’ Gallery





If I were to display some of my personal photos in a studio I know exactly how I would want them printed as well as displayed. I would probably have my photos sent out to Kodak or a similar company. I would want my photos somewhere along the larger side maybe 8 X 13. I would like a simple wooden frame with a classic dark stain around it. Back to the print I would want them to use a polarizer so that the colors would be a little bit brighter I think I would have it on extra glossy paper or maybe some of them would be have a matt finish. I would probably use a more modern technological method in order to keep my complications to a minimum. I think I would make my photos all limited editions with no more than 15 prints. The photos I would choose would probably be from my recent trip to Belgium or Wales.

The photos that I found the most interesting were the ones of the gum. At first I didn’t even know that it was gum. Who ever thought that playing with your gum could be considered art? I really liked how they turned out and were displayed. The one that I found to be the most annoying was the print of the Hawaiian Hibiscus flowers. I didn’t like it because I thought it was a little to simple and some what boring. It reminded me of wall paper. The photos that I enjoyed the most were the photos with the oil paint on top of them. I really enjoyed the photo of the leaning tower of Pizza. For some reason it the added paint looked to me like there are a bunch of clothes liens going to the tower and on these clothes lines are several pices of abstract clothing. I really enjoyed our trip to the photo gallery, although I do wish that they would have more on display. (I had the names of the photographers but I misplaced my notes)

3 comments:

  1. Great photos! I have a pretty good image of your setup!
    - Pauline Truong

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree i love the pictures from Wales and Belgium (mostly from Brugge).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. They really show off the country's natural beauty.

    ReplyDelete