Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Bloomsbury Group





The Bloomsbury Group
As did research on the Bloomsbury Group the more I read the more interested I was in them. I found it odd how there is more to say about the personal lives of the members than there is out about their writings, and art work. All of the members were in some ways unique yet they were all very similar. They were defiantly set apart from the rest of society for the things that they were doing back in that time period.

Its members included E.M. Forster (Author) John Maynard Keynes (Economist) Virginia Woolf (Author) Vanessa Bell (Artist) Duncan Grant (Artist) Clive Bell (Art Critic) Lady Ottoline Morrell, to name only a few. They remained a fairly tight-knit group for many years: recent biographers have attempted to detail their tangled personal relations.

I found Virginia Woolf to be really interesting. She lived an interesting life filled with depression, anxiety, and nervous breakdowns. She was a brilliant writer who wrote with passion and her feelings. I enjoyed the walk to her former residency; it gave me the opportunity to explore Bloomsbury. I really enjoyed her works.

I also did some research on Lady Ottoline Morrell I enjoyed learning about her personal life I found it really funny that she refused to marry a man who she had been have an affair with because he was an atheist, if she was that religious she wouldn’t be having an affair. For some reason I did not really like her writing, the sad thing is I don’t know why I don’t like it.


E.M. Forster (Author)
FORSTER, E.M. (1879-1970),
Novelist lived here.
Arlington Park Mansions, Sutton Lane, Turnham Green, W4
Hounslow 1983

John Maynard Keynes (Economist)
KEYNES, John Maynard (1883-1946),
Economist lived here 1916-1946.
46 Gordon Square, Bloomsbury, WC1
Camden 1975

Virginia Woolf (Author)
STEPHEN, Virginia (Virginia Woolf) (1882-1941),
Novelist and Critic lived here 1907-1911.
29 Fitzroy Square, W1
Camden 1974

Vanessa Bell (Artist)

Duncan Grant (Artist)

Clive Bell (Art Critic)

Lady Ottoline Morrell
10 Gower Street, WC1
London Borough:
Westminster

1 comment:

  1. Neat idea about the video. But I get a message that it is not available. Best, JM

    ReplyDelete