Thursday, May 28, 2009

Philosophy of Art




Philosophy of Art

There is so much that I have learned this past quarter, I have enjoyed interpreting art, analyzing art, and focusing on aesthetics.

When it comes to art interpretation my mind goes back to the first two week here in London when we made a trip to the Saatchi Modern Art Museum, located off of Sloan Square. There was a series of paintings there by the artist Shadi Ghadirian in his or her Untitled form the like everyday series, all of which had an impact on me. It features Middle Eastern women but instead of faces they were replaced with Irons, plates, or brooms. I will always remember these paintings, showing the inequalities among men and women.



When I think of aesthetics I go back to our Aesthetics dinner where we as a class went to Taz and had a wonderful Turkish meal. I remember taking pictures of everything on the table and trying to remember the names of everything that we ate. It seems as if I dissected everything that night.


Another fond memory I have is at the Romeo and Juliet play at Shakespeare’s Globe Theater. I remember standing for three hours trying to take in the experience of watching this comic tragedy. It took me some time before I really understood the concept.

1 comment: